Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Welcome Keira Eaton Burns!

BIG Congratulations to Aunt Casey - who is now a Momma!  Casey and Rob welcomed baby Keira late Sunday night, early Monday morning (12:38 AM - March 4th to be exact!).  I was lucky enough to be in the room when she made her debut.  Casey was a rockstar!  She felt her 1st contraction at about 1 pm while shopping at Big Lots.  She, Rob and my parents had just taken a 3 hour walk around City Park trying to get that baby ready to come out.  The walk did the trick.  Her labor progressed steadily all afternoon and when I called her around 4:30 to let her know we were on our way to Kim & Ian's for dinner, she calmly said, "I don't think we're going to make it", with a giggle.  She was right, by 9 pm she and Rob were on their way to the hospital and by 10 pm Rob called to tell me, "Come quick!".  Mom, Dad and I rushed to the hospital and in 2 short hours Keira was here!  
Casey and beautiful Keira Eaton Burns 7 lbs 10.5 ounces
When I told Holden that her Aunt Casey was in labor, she cut me off and said "Well, I'm going to lose my tooth."  That night, Casey gave birth to her first child, and Holden lost her first tooth.  March 4th was a big day for both of them!
Coming home from the hospital!
Dressed in orange already!
Proud Grandparents for the 5th time - but 1st grandchild with their "new" eyes after cataract surgery!
Lil holding her cousin Keira for the 1st time.
We love to have Grandma Kerschen visit when Gramma and Opa Hanou are in town.  Lillian LOVED having two "grammies" here with her.
Such a great picture of Grandma Kerschen!  Love the eyes wide open!
Snuggle time after daycare!

No comments:

Post a Comment