Friday, May 5, 2017

May Crowning

Mom tells me we had a May Crowning every year at St. Peter's but I sure don't remember it being like this.  I've been reading about Lillian's May Crowning in her weekly newsletter for months now.  I planned to take the morning off from work so that I could attend, but I had no idea what to expect.  I was casually talking to the front desk receptionist at work and mentioned my plans for attending it.  Judy gushed, "Oh I still remember my Kindergarten May Crowning!". She said her mother made her a crown of Lilacs, and sent her to school with a bouquet, and to this day whenever she smells lilacs she is reminded of that ceremony. Jeez, if a 70 year old woman still feels this strongly about her May Crowning from 65 years ago, I knew I had to create the same memory for Lillian.
Thank you Judy!  Lillian was beautiful as she offered up her bouquet of lilacs for Mother Mary today!




No comments:

Post a Comment