Friday, May 19, 2017

A Finale to 15 Years!

 It's the end of an era!  I have been contemplating leaving the Village at Lowry for 6 years now - ever since Lillian was born.  The thought of leaving has always struck an emotional cord with me.  I have loved my 15 years as the Activity Director for the Greatest Generation.  However, this past year has been really hard.  Mike is working 12 hour days almost every day, the kids are at 2 different schools and I've been torn between them (and events occurring in their lives) and work.  Today was my farewell party at work and I didn't shed a tear.  I will miss the comradary of my coworkers and of course the love and familial friendship of so many residents and families.  But I am SO excited to give 100% to my husband and kids.  They deserve to live and have an epic summer off of school, and be involved in a variety of activities during the school year.  So I am ready to "retire"!







No comments:

Post a Comment