Friday, December 18, 2015

Two of My Favorite Christmas Traditions

This was Lillian's third school "program" she has starred in, this year as an angel.  I really appreciate all the hard work and preparation that goes into pulling off such a successful, enjoyable school play.  The teachers and staff at the Wooden Shoe really are amazing.  They find each kids inner talent (or cuteness!) and get 25 four year-olds to sing and perform flawlessly.  Lillian told me, they are motivated and rewarded by M & M's during practice.  If they smile, sing loud and say the correct words they get an M & M during rehearsal. Well, I think those M & M's are well worth it.  I looked around at the audience and saw nothing but proud Mom's and Dad's holding video camera's and grinning ear to ear.  I can't wait til the Spring Program and look forward to Jak's future participation.

Welcome to the Wooden Shoe,
We're so glad to see all of you.
We're going to put you in the Christmas Spirit
Oh we better run!
On with the fun!
Wel-Come! (With a Bow)
 Do You Hear What I Hear?

 Santa dropped in for a visit and Jak rushed the stage to hug his sister and sneak up on the Big Man's lap one more time.

 That afternoon was my annual Christmas tea at work.  Fiona did an amazing job setting the tables and decorating.  We were so prepared we had time for a little photo shoot before the party.  Lillian enjoyed mingling with the residents, listening to the violin music and eating the tea treats of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment