Sunday, October 20, 2013

Jak's Walking!

Jak took his first steps last Thursday night!  The way he did it warms my heart.  Mike and I are thrilled at how much Jak is communicating with us lately.  He still has very few words in English, but if you listen - Jak is telling you exactly what he wants at all times! 

Mike had a Board Meeting - I just realized that I should have written a blog about that!  Side Note:  Mike has been elected to the Pond Neighborhood Board - he got the most votes of the 6 candidates running for 4 open positions.  He is now serving on the Neighborhood Board of Directors for the next 3 years.  So many neighbors congratulated me at the neighborhood brunch this morning, saying they couldn't be happier to have Mike on the Board, guess he's got some loyal fans already! 

Ok....Back to Jak!  So while Mike was in the shower getting ready for the Board Meeting, I tried to put Jak down on the carpet, but he wouldn't bend his legs.  He was insisting on standing.  So I held my fingers out and let him try to walk with me.  But he pulled his hands away and let out a squeal in protest.  So I tried to get him to sit on the carpet again, but still he protested by not bending his legs.  Finally I let him stand by himself facing me, that's when he smiled and nodded his head up and down.  He took about 1 1/2 steps and dove into my lap laughing.  Lillian and I yelled for Mike, and sure enough Jak took about 4 steps to Mike. 
Jak in full concentration!
Jak spent the weekend showing off his new skill for everyone who came over, with the same bright smile.  It's the weirdest feeling to turn around and see your son, who spent so many months crawling here and there and everywhere - stand up by himself in the middle of the room and take a step or two.  I was washing dishes tonight while he was playing in the kitchen cabinets, I turned around and he was walking to the other side of the kitchen.  It won't be long till he's chasing his sister! 
Watch out Lillian - you & your toys are no longer safe!
Practicing with my car...


Ditching the car and Dad's finger....He's Off!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment