Sunday, October 22, 2017

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

Of all the home improvement projects Mike has done, this one has me the most excited (and nervous!).  I'm excited because I have wanted to re-do our fireplace since we moved in, I feel like our entry way is the first impression of our whole house and the old brick look really dated our entire house.  But I'm nervous because Mike has never laid stone, and our ceiling's so high.  The combination of those two challenges added in to the fact that this was MY idea, made me very nervous.  



 
Well, it did turn out to be a pretty labor intensive project.  Opa's back maxed out around 2 pm.  And poor Mike was still pushing stone into the top, top part of the ceiling at 7 pm.  But we're so happy with the end result.  What a transformation!  We hired help to wrap the columns on the back porch the following weekend, just to get the pile of stone out of our garage a little quicker!  I love the new look!




No comments:

Post a Comment