Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Fire Fighters Camp

Sometimes my wild and crazy ideas are a hit, and then there are times like this when I FAIL big time!  I signed the kids up for Fire Fighter Camp for a few reasons: 1.  I thought it sounded fun.  2.  There aren't many camps that accept 4 year olds (and Jak won't turn 5 for another month).  3.  It was cheap.  The kids loved driving downtown, parking in the big city and they loved the museum.  They did not enjoy sitting in the "classroom" and learning fire safety for hours upon hours!  I think the instructor needed to incorporate a few more games in her repertoire.  Oh well, I made them stick it out for 3 days, and then faked other engagements and let them off the hook, cause even I found the class boring!  But the pictures captured some fun.



 The building looks the same today as it did over 100 years ago.



John Healy was Denver Police Chief for over 30 years (When fires were very dangerous and frequent).  He also happens to be the grandfather of one of my residents from the Village at Lowry. I enjoyed the museum....for the first 30-40 minutes I was trapped there waiting for camp to end!

No comments:

Post a Comment