Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thank God For Family!

My parents just left after a two week stay!  Grandma Kerschen went home on Wednesday, August 22nd and Gramma & Opa Hanou came in on Sunday, August 26th.  Most of our friends felt sorry for us, believing the old adage "Fish & Company start to stink after 5 days".  But they don't know just how sick I was!  I truly needed the help!  Lillian is an active little girl and she demands lots of love and attention right now.  I know it's hard to imagine a Courtney without energy but trust me - I could only keep up with Lillian for short periods of time these last few weeks!  Having my parents here for my 3rd and 4th week of recovery was a blessing!  For some reason, my pain was severe and intense that 3rd week.  I returned to the doctor thinking something must be wrong, I shouldn't feel this bad still.  But they explained that my delivery was not a typical cesarean - I'd been through a lot and I needed to give my body 8 - 10 weeks to recover.  Well, hearing 8 - 10 weeks of recovery snapped me right out of my funk!  There was no way I was going to be sick my whole maternity leave!  My pain was cut in half that very afternoon....mind over matter right???
Lillian is old enough now that she really was able to form a bond with her grandparents.  It is so much fun to watch her interact with them.  When I talk to my mom on the phone now, Lillian wants to "talk" too.  Today after I hung up, Lillian walked over and pointed to a picture of Gramma.  So smart!
Gramma with her 2 youngest grandkids (doesn't Jak look like a doll?)

On top of trying to keep up with a 16 month old Lillian, Mike and I are adjusting to being up several times a night again.  Jak is a remarkably good baby, he gives us 3 - 4 hour stretches of sleep every night (his sister was up every hour or two!). He rarely cries, he makes little snort and snuff sounds to let us know he's hungry. 
Lillian still thinks Jak is the best toy we ever got her (it's a close tie with the Ipad though!)
While Gramma and Opa were out visiting, Uncle Severin and Aunt Colleen came for a long weekend too.  They were able to share their good news that they are expecting a baby mid-April of next year!  Casey and Rob are expecting end of February so the "Hanou" Clan is ecstatic!  We have baby fever!
After our picnic in the mountains the big cousins ran and played for a while.  Lillian loves to keep up with Holden and Everett (with help from Opa and Uncle Severin!)

Best picture of the big cousins we could get!

Practicing their rock climbing moves

Opa and Uncle Severin always have to work on a project when they're on vacation!  They installed a new light above the sink in the guest bathroom - no more showering downstairs and coming upstairs to apply makeup ladies!

Speaking of makeup - Holden is applying lipstick to Lillian in this picture!

Everett LOVES his cousin Lillian so much.  But he rarely gets any time with her when Holden is around!
Gramma & Opa Hanou with their 8 children, 4 grandchildren and two grandkids on the way!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment