Thursday, February 4, 2010

Seeing the babies for the 2nd time...

This past Monday was my 12 week checkup and I'm relieved to say the babies are doing just fine! Baby A (the lower one) is a little smaller and sitting very low - like it's lying in a hammock (Mike said that one takes after him). Baby B is a little bigger and moving quite a bit more probably because it has more room - but Baby B is a squirmer! (Mike said that one takes after me - go figure). Both have great heartbeats 164 and 161 beats per minute.


The ultrasound tech said they are very healthy and everything looks fine. She said it's too soon to determine the sex and so she didn't even give us a hint. She said we will know by next visit (March the 1st - I'll be 16 weeks). So we'll all have to wait until then. I've only gained a pound but I hear that's about to change dramatically!

My friend Amy suggested we come up with fun mock names for the babies (as opposed to Baby A and Baby B!)  She requested Superhero names but we couldn't come up with any superheroes with gender - nuetral names?  So I asked around and my creative parents with time on their hands (they're vacationing in sunny Florida right now) came up with perfect fake names!  I'm now referring to Baby A - as Alpha and Baby B as Beta.  I've been testing the name out on the residents all morning and they're hooked.  It's so funny to have people talking to my belly and asking How Alpha and Beta are doing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment