Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Growing Pains!

Grammy and I surprised Lillian with an early birthday present...ear piercing!  We took her to Colorado Mills after school and as we passed Claire's Lillian said "Can we go look at earrings?" Mom and I smirked at each other and said "Sure".  As she drooled over all the pretty pierced earrings, Grammy told her that she'd like to get her ears pierced for Lillian's 8th birthday gift. Lillian was over the moon excited until she realized, we planned on having them pierced, today....at that very moment...the panic kicked in and we had to leave the store!  We walked around and Lillian worked it out in her head, asking lots of questions, like "Will it hurt?, "Can I think about it and come back later this week?", "How bad will it hurt?", until she finally said 'OK! Let's do it!". She is so proud of herself, and this morning on the way to school she said, "Now every time I touch my ears I'll think of Grammy".  







No comments:

Post a Comment