Thursday, January 4, 2018

Stock Show Parade

The kids are still out of school this week for Winter Break.  Mia and Zoey spent the day with us, while their parents had to work, and I somehow thought it would be fun to attend the Stock Show Kick Off Parade.  I've always wanted to see them parade the prize animals right through Downtown Denver, so I packed some lunches and loaded all the kids in the mini van.  We met up with my Mom and Dad easily, and thought it would be a breeze to find a good spot to view some big ol' steer strutting down the streets of downtown.  How wrong I was! The National Western Stock Show attracts a rough crowd, we witnessed a few verbal scuffles and a grown man threaten to beat a young man with his cane.  I said, "Sir, do you mind, this is a family event.".  That mean old man took one look at the 4 sweet kids I had with me and said, "Mind your own &#@ business!". So we kept walking!  We found a spot that wasn't too over crowded, however, the adults at the front of the line wouldn't budge an inch to let the kids see between their legs.  Quite un-parade like of you ask me!  We attempted to meet Megy - but unfortunately she was on the other side of the street and there was no possibility of crossing - so we waved to her from afar.
We still had a great time and managed to get in and out and park with little trouble and no meltdowns.  That's a win win in my book!






No comments:

Post a Comment