Monday, November 6, 2017

Girls Weekend!

What a treat to travel alone!  Kelli makes the trek from London, back to the "home land" about once every 6 months.  Somehow, her travels to the States always fall during a time when I can't get away to meet her in Maryland.  We haven't seen each other in a couple of years!!!    With Mike's encouragement and my parents gracious child care assistance, I booked a flight for a party of 1 for the first time in a lonnnnggg time.  I missed Mike and the kids more than I can put into words, but flying alone was heavenly!  I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself, and you forget how much a traveling mom has to put her needs on hold.  I solemnly swear to offer a helpful hand or at least an understanding smile to every traveling momma for the rest of my life.  
Amanda, Jay and Andrew were the hosts with the most all weekend long, providing most meals and vino (and there was lots of vino being poured!).  We mostly hung out at home and played with Andrew and his 100's of toys!  But we escaped Saturday to enjoy an outdoor, fall festival in Annapolis, thankfully the weather cooperated.  
Sunday morning, Amanda drove me to Severin and Colleen's where I got to spend a few hours with my adorable niece, Carolyn and meet their German foreign exchange student, Zoe.  It was a quick weekend, that fed my soul and made me feel so good!  But I was so happy to see Mike and the kids when I touched down in Denver again!

 Graceyn's mom sent me this picture of the girls painting pottery after school Friday. 
 It was so great to see Kelli's girls!

 Carolyn wasn't too thrilled about having her picture taken, but she did love showing off her recently redone, big girl room.
 She also wasn't to thrilled that I didn't bring Jak and Lil to see her. Thankfully she'll be in Colorado for Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment