Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The worst day hunting....still better than the best day working!

WELL... I got to do some really great hiking with dad and Clive. The weather here in Colorado has been really nice which is a bummer if you are trying to bow hunt elk. Especially, when you have guys who traveled 1200 miles to do it with you.  A nice 12" snow storm would have been helpful!
Dad, Clive and I covered a lot of ground north of Silverthorne, but did not hear any elk calls and the only animals we saw were on private property and completely uninterested in coming over to see us. I had a great time though and I'm pretty sure dad and Clive enjoyed the trip. After all, getting an elk is a small portion of why we try. Mostly, it's about spending time with two of the best guys I know, in some of the most beautiful country I know.  Maybe next time we'll have better luck, but if not the chase is always fun.

One of the biggest motivators for Clive and Dad making the long drive to Colorado, is the grandbaby Lillian. Lily wasn't able to join us in the mountains, but she sure loved all the attention when we were in town!  As you can see in the picture below, I'm trying hard to make her a daddy's girl. Hopefully, her charms will be enough to get the guys back out here to try again soon.
Maybe next year Lillian will go scouting with daddy and show me how it's done.
......I think the camo suits her!



No comments:

Post a Comment