Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day....Colorado Kerschen Style

If you had one guess as to how Mike wanted to spend his first Father's Day, I guarantee 99.9% (Okay - who am I kidding - 100%) of you would guess correctly.  Yup, Lillian took her Dad camping!  I'd be a big fat liar if I said I wasn't nervous and I'd be a bigger liar if I said it was easy to get us on the road!  But the first camping trip of the season is always a little rusty.  We finally took off at 3pm Saturday afternoon and the only things I forgot to pack were Mike's Father's Day cards and gifts...duh!!! 
We met Stu and Allison at one of our favorite spots, Jefferson Lake.  We've camped with Stu and Allison dozens of times, but this was the first time they were in the same tent!  They've been friends for 7 plus years and 3 months ago decided to be "more than friends".  We're so excited for them, everyone is left wondering, what took them so long? 
Lillian was a good little camper!  She slept really well, and more importantly, enjoyed hiking really well too!   

Lily-Bird already seems to love all the things her daddy does!


Mike's broad shoulders have always been my favorite view on any hike, the addition of the baby backpack makes the view even more appealing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Brave people I tell ya! I am so glad Lillian enjoyed her first camp out, she needs to learn to love it one way or another with you two for parents! Thar little collage is so super cute. Her smiley face is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete