Sunday, April 3, 2011

March Madness

Yeah, I know it's April now and March Madness is over, but the title is still appropriate!  Before Rob and Andrew got lost in the woods (which seems like months ago not last weekend!).  Casey hosted the most wonderful baby shower for me and little Miss Lillian, with a March Madness theme of course! 

For those of you who don't know, my sister Casey, is the most wonderful chef! 

And my sister-in-law, Kim is the craftiest person I have ever met, she created all these awesome decorations!
 (check out some of her other creations and redecorating ideas on her blog  http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/ )




The two of them create masterpieces, magazine worthy.

Casey further incorporated the March Madness theme into the baby games by creating a bracket game of her own!  All guests signed up as they arrived, she paired us up and we raced to see who could gulp an ounce of water out of a baby bottle first.



I have the best girlfriends, and Lillian is so lucky have so much love and support already.



Mike and I are overwhelmed with STUFF!  Does one little girl really need so much?  We asked our friends to please keep it simple.  I requested hand-me-downs, consignment gifts and of course hand made gifts (which I treasure the most!).  My friend Kay made this hand made blanket...
It was the most talked about gift at the shower for sure!  She cross stitched the whole darn thing, depicting what she hopes Lily looks like (if she has straight brown hair we may have to give her a perm Kay said!).  I cannot even imagine the hours and love that was poured into making this blanket.  Kay embroidered her name in the bottom right corner, this blanket will be Lily's favorite for many years to come. 
Thank you Nanny Kay!

My mom also wowed everyone with her creativity.  She gave me three outfits that I wore as a baby along with a picture of me wearing each outfit.  Several of my friends who are mothers already looked at each other and said, "I would never have thought to keep things like that!".  How organized is she?
I can't wait to introduce Lily to this world!
Stay tuned for pictures of her nursery as I get it organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment