Monday, November 22, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I borrowed these pictures from my sister-in-law Kim's blog because I love them and had to share them with you!  Holden looks so grown up in this picture! 
This picture is an exact replica of some pictures we have of us 4 kids with my dad 25 - 30 years ago.  Of course, in those pictures my dad has a kid sitting on each foot too (and a LOT less gray hair).
My parents were out last weekend for my great-aunt Case's funeral.  Bert & Case have lived in Colorado for 50 plus years.  They were married 58 wonderful years.  Her death was sudden, she had suffered with a very sore hip for 6 months, when she finally went to the hospital they discovered a 10 cm tumor in her hip.  Her cancer was stage 4 and all over her body.  She lived two weeks on hospice, said her goodbyes and helped plan her own funeral.  It was great to see some extended family and really great to learn so much about my aunts historical life. 
Mike & I are headed to Indiana/Michigan Wednesday.  Can't wait to see the family especially all our nieces and our nephew Johnny.  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!  Mike and I are truly blessed and we hope you have lots to be thankful for this year too! .

1 comment:

  1. Holden keeps talking about Johnny and Layla, so be sure to tell them she says hello. And give our love to all of Mike's family!

    ReplyDelete